Saturday, December 8, 2012

Online Marketing: Is It More Important Be Focused On Getting Traffic Or Having The Perfect Website?


One mistake that I see a lot of in the world of online marketing is getting too involved in creating the 'perfect' website.

Some people focus way too much of their time and energy on perfecting their website and I have been guilty of doing this myself.

While you want a visitor to your website to find it visually appealing and easy to navigate; it is more important to take the majority of your time and effort and put that energy into getting traffic to your website.

With that said, here are 3 simple things you can do to make your website a comfortable place to visit:

1. Use a basic font type. The font types 'Arial' and 'Georgia' are considered by many to be the easiest to read. Enough said.

2. Choosing the right font size. A font size of 12 to 14 will keep your visitors from screaming that they need reading glasses to see what you present to them on your website.

I recently changed the font size on my blog from 12 to 14 even though to me it seems a little too big but what really matters is the experience a visitor has when visiting my website. I keep in mind that what I think is best should always take a backseat to what a visitor wants to experience when they visit my website.

I might think something looks really cool but if the majority of the traffic that stops by my site finds that it is uncomfortable in some way, or worse yet, irritating in some fashion, I doubt they'll stick around for more than 5 seconds.

3. Use pictures to liven up a page of just text. Any type of image related to the context of the web page will make that web page more appealing to the human senses. I went through eight different banner headings before my girlfriend told me to just use the one that was a picture of the Smokey Mountains. She also told me to remove the title text and let the picture speak for itself.

Being someone who feels words are important and that words sell, it was hard for me to follow her advice. After a day or two I understood what she meant as seeing that picture gave me a relaxed, positive frame of mind. Hopefully the visitors to my website will feel the same way.

The bottom line is that it is not a case of what I want, but how do I create a website that is informative AND attractive to my visitors? I want them to find my website 'comfortable' so they will stay long enough to find something that interests them.

Customizing Websites Made Possible Only By WordPress Development   Using Content Management System for Business Growth   How Can I Make My Own Website Quickly?   What Is Server Downtime?   Services Offered in Custom Web Development   



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。